Easter may be a synonym for “all things sweet”, it is that one day of the year when everyone looks forward to a basket full of delicious goodies. But this holiday do something different. Instead, fill your Easter basket with some healthy alternatives.
Here are a few tips that you can incorporate in your feast for Easter, especially if you are a diabetic or health conscious
- If you can’t avoid chocolates; go innovative with chocolates, have chocolate covered fruits or dark chocolates instead. Dark chocolates are known to have health benefits and are not filled with those high on carbohydrates and refined sugars. Dip a few fruits of your choice in molten chocolates and microwave for a few seconds and viola, your delicious snack is ready.
- Have fruit and veggie snacks like sliced carrots, cucumber etc accompanied with delicious yet healthy dips like nut butters, hung curd with a flavour of your choice etc.
- Easter is incomplete without Easter eggs and the store bought eggs may be filled up with the not so healthy ingredients, try making them at home, you will not only be sure of what they contain, but will also relish them more and not feel guilty at the same time. Alternately, fill plastic eggs with dry fruits and berries.
- If you suffer from any ailment like diabetes, heart disease etc, have more of food items that have low carbohydrate like eggs, fibrous vegetables, cheese, lean meat etc.
- Have beverages like fresh fruit juices, fresh lemonades etc instead of the high sugar unhealthy canned aerated drinks, you will also beat the heat and stay hydrated.
Easter is a day to enjoy and celebrate and when we celebrate, we should also enjoy good health and reap the benefits of it.